Monday, December 20, 2010

Back in the saddle

So, now that it's been a number of days since the last time I've posted anything on there, I thought it might be nice to go ahead and let ya'll know whats been going on!

Over the last few days I've been having all sorts of issues to deal with regarding the radio, the first of which being a loose connection on the external terabyte which causes the stream to up and die for no particular reason. Another little issue I've been having is a smothered network connection from the house. Apparently I've been accused of being a bandwidth hog and thus have been slapped with various restrictions on my network use. Seeing as my net use amounts up to about the same usage as listening to a stream, I'm working on getting those lifted. Til then I'll be running the stream at 96 kbp/s instead of the normal 128.

On to the good news! I've got us a website running! It's still in the building process, but there's enough of it to be up and around for people to use if they like. There will be a chat room coming on there once I get the code right for it. Also, I may end up having to pay for the premium version of the website so I can upload the chat scripts and all that. Also, I think having a real domain name would be lovely!

As far as any more news goes, I'm still working on the promos for the radio and also the videos for youtube (those are hard!). For right now I've got some Robo Promos going on the air, trying to catch people and send them both to the website and also to the Facebook page I set up for the stream ^^

i've also been working on getting some new DJs in on the fun so that we can have a bit of a change of pace for the listeners. Hopefully once I get a number of excited people to DJ with me we can pull in some interesting listeners from all sorts of places. The more people I've got working on the stream, the more people will promote it, the more people will listen! Well, thats the theory anyway~!

Until next time radio lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment