Thursday, December 9, 2010

A little bit of progress

The radio stream will go live again tonight when I get home from all of the other silly obligations that I have. I think this time things might work out nicely, but who knows? I'm hoping that some of the people that used to listen tot he stream still have it saved in their media players and will be pleasantly surprised to having the radio running again.

On another, slightly connected note, I'm putting together a simple program schedule for the station too, which should (hopefully) give it a little bit of stability, as far as the music played is concerned. The only downside I can think of is that with a regular schedule people might get kind of bored with whats being played, but I'm hoping not. If there are any people out there reading that would like to put in suggestions for what to play when, I would be more than willing to listen.

I'm also considering asking a few people I can think of that might be interested to fill some slots on the radio for me so it's not just me playing all of the time. Not that I would mind doing it all myself, I just think that having more people involved would help the diversity of the station. More people with differing tastes might help keep the music fresh and interesting, I think. So, if you are reading this and have even a slight inkling to broadcast your taste in music and your thoughts to the internet at large (wishful thinking on my part, mainly since no one listens to the stream at the moment, haha) then please, leave me a comment on here or on my facebook and we'll work something out.

In other news, I'm still trying to figure out what to tie the radio to other than just BrandO's site. I haven't quite figured anything out except I'm pretty sure I'll end up having to buy up some webspace and write out my own little website for the masses. I want to do something that will give me space to post artwork (not just mine, but anyone's really), blogs (mine, steph's and anyone else affiliated with the radio that might want to keep one), the radio links, and maybe even a tiny little forum or imageboard. I don't know, I just think that might be fun, and maybe even make me a little bit of money over the long run. Also I'm planning on streaming out into Second Life. I've always wanted to stream into SL but never really had an chance or a machine that could run the game and the broadcasting software at the same time, and even more to that point I'm not sure I'd even need to do it that way. If anyone has experience broadcasting into SL, please let me know.

So I think that I'll leave ya'll with those thoughts for now, since thats what I'm planning for now. I'm hoping to be able to move on some of that stuff soon, but at the moment my focus is on the radio and getting it back and running at full capacity again. I need to fill that stream again, I need to be heard, not just my voice (which still sounds awful by the way) but my taste in music. I miss sharing music with people and I miss their involvement in the station and their requests.

Remember that every day is a good day <3~

No comments:

Post a Comment