Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Apologies and update

First off, I would like to apologize for the dead space that seems to keep creeping into the radio's queue. This is a connection problem between the TB external drive I use to hold my music and the computer. At some points the plug gets knocked off by some little people who will not be mentioned (yeah, my kids) and thus SAM (the software I use to broadcast) kinda has a hissy fit and stops working.

This normally wouldnt cause a problem as one would expect me to actually be around when I'm broadcasting, but alas, no. Due to the limitation placed on me regarding my network usage at the house, I'm generally not even around my computer when the stream is mine. I'm not able to stream from 1900-2300 (GMT -5), so basically I can stream during the day (when I'm at work, of course) and overnight. Hopefully in the near future I'll figure out a way to be able to go back to the 24/7 stream I'm used to, or maybe I'll have to find someone to take the day time, and then someone else to take the chunk of time I can't stream, then I could take it overnight.

I'm still not sure how all of that will work, but hopefully the stream will stay constantly on, regardless of who has the stream at any given moment. In my own defense, I did mention that the first week of the new schedule would be a little screwy, at least until we can all figure out what the hell is going on long enough to make a plan and make sure there is always someone streaming.

Alrighty then, now that I'm done with my complaining, lets get the positives. To all those who listen, THANK YOU!!! You're listening to me and my other DJs makes all the work we all put into the station totally worth it. Skambrent and Lucent have been absolutely wonderful at picking up my slack lately, and to them I'm completely grateful.

As for the website, I've gotten an embedded IRC channel on there for you guys to put in requests, and when any given DJ is running the stream, they should be in there for you to request to. Also, there will be a domain name for the website eventually, but it's going to look completely different. I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I figure out how to do what I want to do with the website.

In closing, once again, I'd really just like to thank everyone who listens to us! We play the music for you, and if no one listens we feel lonely. Well, I do, I can't speak for the others, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment